Botox & Botox Injections St. Louis
Our Board Certified experts in Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery can help erase wrinkles with Botox.
What is Botox?
Botox is a neuromodulator that is FDA-approved for treating dynamic wrinkles such as forehead lines, frown lines (11’s), and crow’s feet. Dynamic wrinkles are lines caused by muscle movement, such as raising your forehead or smiling.
How does Botox work?
Botox temporarily inhibits muscle movement, which prevents the formation of wrinkles.
What are the benefits of Botox?
- Erase fine lines and wrinkles
- Forehead Lines
- Frown Lines (11s, between your eyebrows)
- Crow’s Feet (lines around your eyes)
- Refreshed appearance in just 1 week
- Minimally invasive with no downtime or recovery
We want you to leave our office looking like yourself with natural, beautiful enhancement.
Botox can offer you impressive results in just one week. You will notice your forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet significantly fade, and some patients will even see these lines disappear. Results depend on the extent of your wrinkles and the strength of your muscles. Sometimes multiple treatments are needed to achieve a significant improvement. Treatment results typically last 3.5 months, and some patients still notice benefits at 6 months.
Customizing Botox treatments for our Patients
At St. Louis Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery, our expert cosmetic dermatologists use Botox to give you a naturally refreshed appearance.
We will listen to you during your consultation, perform a thorough evaluation, and provide you with an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs and concerns.
What else do we use Botox for?
- Facial Contouring – Do you use makeup for contouring? At FL Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery, we use Botox. These treatments can enhance the appearance of your cheekbones by narrowing the soft tissue below to create a more contoured look. We place injections into your masseter muscle to help sculpt your lower face and accentuate your cheeks.
- Brow Lift – Want an eyebrow lift without the surgery? We use Botox to give you a non-surgical eyebrow lift for a more refreshed look. We relax the muscles pulling your eyebrows down, which gives your eyebrows a natural lift.
- Nefertiti Lift – The Nefertiti Lift was named after Queen Nefertiti, an Egyptian Pharaoh revered for her beauty and power. We use Botox to relax the muscles pulling down on your jawline and the muscles that cause neckbands. This produces a lifting and tightening of the jawline and a toned and smooth neck without surgery.
- TMJ, Teeth Grinding, or Jaw Pain – If you have TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder), grind your teeth at night, or wake up with pain in your jaw, you might notice a significant improvement with Botox. Your masseter muscles, which help you chew, may be overactivated and enlarged. We use Botox to help these muscles relax. This helps improve your TMJ, teeth grinding, or jaw pain. Patients are amazed by the results this treatment provides.
- Gummy Smile – Do your gums show when you smile? We can relax the overactive muscles pulling up on your upper lip with Botox. When these muscles are relaxed, only your teeth will show when you smile. We are not dentists, but we all love a beautiful smile!
- Golf Ball Chin – When you contract your chin, does it have the dimpled appearance of a golf ball? We can help you with golf ball chin by relaxing your chin (mentalis) muscles using Botox. This will provide you with a beautiful, smooth chin.
Is Botox safe?
Yes, Botox is the most common aesthetic procedure performed, with more than 1 million people having received injections. Complications from Botox are uncommon when performed by board-certified cosmetic dermatologists.
The most common side effects:
- Bruising at injection site
- Temporary eyelid droop (ptosis)
Botox vs Dysport?
Botox and Dysport are both FDA-approved neuromodulators to treat fine lines and wrinkles of the forehead, glabella (frown lines), and eyes (crow’s feet). Each product works similarly to inhibit muscle movement, which improves the appearance of wrinkles. Overall, these two products are very similar, and neither has been shown to produce superior results to the other. At FL Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery, we offer both neuromodulators.
Choose St. Louis Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery for Botox
We are the trusted experts in dermatology and cosmetic surgery. Our board-certified dermatologists are here for you. You will receive the highest quality care in a warm and compassionate environment, from the most challenging and complex skin concerns to the routine.
We can help you explore options to rejuvenate or refine your appearance to help you look and feel your best. We can help you improve your complexion, confidence and achieve younger and healthier-looking skin!
Our Specialists deliver remarkable patient experiences through quality, compassion & innovation.