Crows Feet & Under Eye Wrinkles St. Louis
Our Board Certified experts in Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery treat Crows Feet with Botox, Dysport, & Xeomin (neuromodulators).
What causes Crow’s Feet?
Crow’s feet are lines around our eyes that become apparent in our 30s. Initially, crow’s feet only show when we smile, but these lines start to show with time even when we are not smiling. Crow’s feet are caused by repeated movement, sun damage, normal aging, and genetics.
What Procedure is best for Under Eye Wrinkles?
The best treatment for Crow’s feet are neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport. Botox and Dysport are FDA-approved for treating dynamic wrinkles such as crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead wrinkles. Botox and Dysport temporarily inhibit muscle movement, which prevents the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. Dynamic wrinkles are lines caused by muscle movement, such as smiling or raising your forehead.
Dysport and Botox Results for Crows Feet
- Erase fine lines and wrinkles
- Crow’s Feet (lines around your eyes)
- Frown Lines (11s, between your eyebrows)
- Forehead Lines
- Refreshed appearance in just 1 week
- Minimally invasive with no downtime or recovery
Crow’s feet can be significantly reduced and even erased with Botox and Dysport. In just one week, you will notice your lines soften substantially, and some will even disappear. Results depend on the extent of your wrinkles and the strength of your muscles. Sometimes multiple treatments are needed to achieve a significant improvement. Treatment results typically last 3.5 months, and some patients still notice benefits at 6 months.
Customizing Botox and Dysport treatments for our Patients
At St. Louis Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery, our expert cosmetic dermatologists use Botox and Dysport to give you a naturally refreshed appearance.
We will listen to you during your consultation, perform a thorough evaluation, and provide you with an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs and concerns. We want you to leave our office looking like yourself with beautiful natural enhancement.
What else do we use Botox and Dysport for?
- Facial Contouring – Do you use makeup for contouring? At FL Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery, we use Botox and Dysport. These treatments can enhance the appearance of your cheekbones by narrowing the soft tissue below to create a more contoured look. We place injections into your masseter muscle to help sculpt your lower face and accentuate your cheeks.
- Brow Lift – Want an eyebrow lift without the surgery? We use Botox and Dysport to give you a non-surgical eyebrow lift for a more refreshed look. We relax the muscles pulling your eyebrows down, which gives your eyebrows a natural lift.
- Nefertiti Lift – The Nefertiti Lift was named after Queen Nefertiti, an Egyptian Pharaoh revered for her beauty and power. We use Botox and Dysport to relax the muscles pulling down on your jawline and the muscles that cause neckbands. This produces a lifting and tightening of the jawline and a toned and smooth neck without surgery.
- TMJ, Teeth Grinding, or Jaw Pain – If you have TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder), grind your teeth at night, or wake up with pain in your jaw, you might notice a significant improvement with Botox and Dysport. Your masseter muscles, which help you chew, may be overactivated and enlarged. We use Botox to help these muscles relax. This helps improve your TMJ, teeth grinding, or jaw pain. Patients are amazed at the results this treatment provides.
- Gummy Smile – Do your gums show when you smile? We can relax the overactive muscles pulling up on your lip with Botox and Dysport. When these muscles are relaxed, only your teeth will show when you smile. We are not dentists, but we all love a beautiful smile!
- Golf Ball Chin – When you contract your chin, does it look like a golf ball? We can help you with golf ball chin by relaxing your chin (mentalis) muscles using Botox and Dysport. This will provide you with a beautiful smooth chin.
Is Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport safe?
Yes, Botox and Dysport are the most common aesthetic procedures performed, with more than 1 million people having received injections. Complications from Botox and Dysport are uncommon when performed by board-certified cosmetic dermatologists.
The most common side effects include:
- Bruising at the injection site
- Temporary eyelid droop (ptosis)
What is the difference between Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport?
Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are both neuromodulators FDA approved for treating fine lines and wrinkles of the forehead, glabella (frown lines), and eyes (Crow’s feet). Each product works similarly to inhibit muscle movement, which improves the appearance of wrinkles. Overall, these products are very similar, and neither has been shown to produce superior results to the other. At St. Louis Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery, we offer most neuromodulators.
Choose Us for Under Eye Wrinkle Treatment
St. Louis Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery can help you explore options to rejuvenate or refine your appearance to help you look and feel your best. We can help you improve your complexion, confidence and achieve younger and healthier-looking skin!
Our Specialists deliver remarkable patient experiences through quality, compassion & innovation. We are a team who cares deeply about our neighbors & are a positive resource to the community.